The German Institute for the Southwest provides and administers the Goethe-Institut’s German language examinations. Tests are held at the American Red Cross Building, 2700 Southwest Freeway (at SH 59 and Kirby), Houston, TX 77098. Click here for a map. Test days are Saturdays, on the dates set forth below, from 9:00 – 2:00 p.m. Please note that we require a picture identification, either a valid driver’s license or passport, on the day of testing.
If you should require a test at times other than the dates below, please contact us immediately so that we may consider scheduling an examination outside of the official test schedule. There will be additional costs associated with this service. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-822-4257 for information.
We test all levels as offered by the Goethe-Institut: A1 – C2
- A1 and A2 – Elementary Use of Language
- B1 and B2 – Independent Use of Language
- C1 and C2 – Autonomous Language Ability
For Goethe-Institut’s description of the various tests levels, click here.
Please note that, in addition to the Testing Fee (see schedule below), there is a non-refundable Registration Fee of $35 due at the time of registration.
Testing Fee Schedule
|Level||GIS Student||Non-GIS Student|
Test Schedule for 2017
Test I Saturday, January 21, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Registration closed Test II Saturday, March 4, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Registration closed
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Registration ends Sunday, April 2, 2017
- Saturday, August 26, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Registration ends Sunday, July 30, 2017
- Saturday, November 11, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Registration ends Sunday, October 15, 2017